Butterick 5277

I wanted a new dress to wear on this past weekend. I loved the shape and style of the collar and this dress. Although called a fast and easy, for me this was not the case.  Granted I was lazy the first time through and although I tissue fit and adjusted the  lining turned out terrible fit wise. I really should not have tried this when I was on antibiotics. I’ll just say the brain was addled or possibly I was just too optimistic about my ability to fit the pattern.

Luckily there was still a Butterick sale on at Fabricland, so I bought another pattern. I traced everything out and pinned it together, then did the full bust adjustment, then took out half an inch in depth above the bust line.  The fit was better. Cut out the lining and it wasn’t too bad. Cut out the dress fabric and sewed everything together and  tried it on again. Too full in the body especially in the skirt area,  So I extended the front and back darts to the hem, that took out about 7-8 inches,  after one more fitting I took out another half in down each side seam.  I loved the collar.

I used some fabric that came from Fabricmart  a couple of years ago, a mystery  fabric. It is a heavy jacquard flowered cotton fabric.  Lined with bemberg lining.

I finished the dress on Saturday morning about 11:30  but by 4 in the afternoon, decided that I would be too cold if I wore it on a boat cruise that evening.  We had a good time at the dinner on board, as we toured the harbour but it was drizzly and we were unable to see very much due to the mist.