2 BWOF tops.

I’m a Burda World of Fashion sewer once again. It has been a decade since I attempted the process of tracing out a pattern, although I have quite a few magazines. My excuse was not knowing what size I required. I made the beige sweater knit too large and then just tried to make it work. I cut off all the seams and unpicked the neckline. Then laid a couple of pattern pieces over what I had done and changed the armseye and fixed the shoulders. I didn’t want to lose all the shirring that I had done but as a result it is pulled up rather high but the neckline before was too low. I took in the side seams as well and then sewed the sleeves back in place.

This top I am happier with #123 from Feb. 08, the collar is actually 4 inches in depth and can be rolled slightly or draped more like a cowl neck. The model in the photo had her shoulder stuck out thru the neckline, looks kinda stupid that way on me. I made the hem band a few inches longer to go around my middle and I like the fit and fabric of this piece.
Both will be going on vacation and I hope to make a beige cardigan that can be worn with both tops, I am just still pondering how I will do the neckline.