Edited: I used the word vinyl but pleather is probably what I used.
The Highbrow Hobo is done. Designed by Lisa at U-handbag-– this pattern was purchased sometime early last year. It sat for quite awhile after I had cut it out. Of course, the designer recommends cotton and I used vinyl– her pattern was well constructed with excellent instructions. I didn’t have quite enough vinyl to cut out full width straps, I didn’t want the lining used as suggested. That is when I put it away to have a few thoughts about what to do next. Another problem with the vinyl is that the iron on interfacing didn’t adhere very well, and when I did put up the heat on the iron the vinyl melted! Oh, the problems we can create for ourselves. So in the end, I adhered the fleece interfacing to the cotton interior, and used other interfacing for the vinyl. I played up the lining by adding piping to the pocket edge and I faced the inside of the straps with lining as well.
The black chair print came from Liberty’s in London in 1994, it was about time I used it.
I have really enjoyed using this purse, it looks fabulous with jeans and a rust suede jacket. I am having trouble with making a proper link but the bag is from Feb 09.