My socks are done, my 17th pair in total. The weird tube thing worked out. I did both heels after the long tube was finished and then cut the tube in the centre and added on the toes. One thing I am not sure about with this method is that there are a lot of ends to work in, which is not my favorite way to make socks. It was an experiment, which I thought might work out well in making socks for children. I have a lot of partial balls of sock yarn. I worked these on my Addis and I love working with them, my tension is tighter and I’ll have to swatch next time. I read about someone, maybe on Knitting Daily, that just knits a long tube with her favorite needles and adds little tags, to the never ending swatch tube, with the number of rows and stitches to the inch and the size of needles used. Sort of a visual journal, a unique keepsake!
The new yarn is a late Christmas present, I feel like I have been waiting so long! It took a month to get to my house. I got a gift of the Skein of the Month from Webs. So this is the first of 12 deliveries. It is super soft, 70% wool and 30% silk, my favorite fibres. I don’t usually work in this colourway, which is spectacular, lots of shades of red, pink and orange. It certainly fits with Project Spectrum 3 and the theme of fire. There was also a new scarf pattern and a tape measure included. Click on the photo for a good close look.