Image hosting by PhotobucketI never thought that I’d manage this,(a photo that fits without scrolling) get this a better size. I finally discovered the edit button on photo bucket and this is at 25 %.  Sometimes this learning curve gets to me. I think 50 % might be better.
A group hosted an identical elements swap, and we each received a packet of papers, charms, stickers  and even electical bits.  I haven’t received the swap in the mail yet. I kept the bottom two for myself.

socks, atc. roses

Knitting news: The little vest from last week is slowly being knitted with both fronts and a couple inches  of the back of the vest now completed. I have tried to swatch my new sweater in the Fanny yarn, so far that is not to guage. Last night , I was bored and started my jaywalkers socks Image hosting by Photobucketwith some of my hand dyed yarn. I really like the pattern.
I am planning on going to Fibrefest with a friend don’t know what day yet.

ATCs: I have made a set of blue ones. It is the first time that I have encorporated some of my own art work. I used a paper collar that I made several years ago. The blue and silver paper reminded me of the sea, I tore it up and placed it between layers of chiffon and tulle, then stitched on yarns by machine and added beads by hand.
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

The roses were a belated birthday present. The leaves were very dry in this picture.

If it doesn’t seem right, it’s not.

Once again I started knitting the vest with sock yarn, it didn’t seem quite right along the bottom edge of the front. It wasn’t curling up like it was supposed to, no mater how much I squished and patted it into place. I gamely knitted on, I decided that because I was doing the smallest size that somehow it was working differently. When I started on the other front piece, I discovered my error! I had used garter stitch instead of stockinette. Honestly, one would think that by the 3rd of these vest, I would have clued in.  Nevertheless, undaunted, I decided that I could just cut off the offending part and knit back down to the starting edge.  I have done this before, but alas, it isn’t working for me this time!! My friend’s grandchild is not due till May, so I am in no rush yet.

On a happier note and also note I haven’t started knitting yet my latest purchase from Elann. Katia Fanny in Vanilla Ice and the Garden Paths Cardigan.  Finally a cardigan I can use a lighter yarn which won’t be too hot to wear and hopefully will be worn from fall until spring.

I have also been working on some new artist trading cards, theme blue. I scanned a blue paper collar with chiffon, with bead and yarn embellishment, and then tried to get some good prints from it.  The colour on my monitor and what the printer thinks it should do are 2 different things. I tried 5 different levels of colour saturation, tint etc. Although not the same as the original, I think I will be happy with the cards, so I will continue working with them. Next week sometime, I will post photos of them and the orginal collar. 

photos of everything

Image hosting by PhotobucketI have one toe sewn up and just have the toe to redo on the other sock, it is Regia yarn. I bought it the day that I went to the yarn harlot talk.

Image hosting by PhotobucketThe colour is fairly close in this ball of yarn, can’t wait to get started with it. I think maybe I uploaded 2 pictures of it, it took up the whole screen, so then I tried to make it smaller. So now it is distorted.

Image hosting by PhotobucketThis is the Text and Textile Journal that I made in a workshop on Feb 25. It was a lot of fun, I printed Believe, Dream and Create on the ties, but Dream is wrapped up in the signature. I was lucky to have beads in my stash that matched.

Image hosting by Photobucket
The back cover. I have ideas for a couple more of these, and have one started. The theme will be fashion in the next one.