Experiments

I forgot to write anything yesterday, It seemed enough just to get the photo on site. I am already planning the next lot of yarn dyeing. I want to do a series with black added to the mix, one series with brown added to the mix and a pastel series.  I then want to buy more dye as well. I bought my dye at Opulence. I can’t remember how to do a link to  them , will add it later.  The next thing is really to knit up some of the yarn I have dyed, then I’ll get a better idea on wither or not the stripes are wide enough or if I need to recalculate the lenght of the hank before I begin. The process was easier the second day. Just a little more organized. Heather and I just went for it. No accurate measurements for us, we decided to make all one of a kind skeins.  We’d both start with a chosen colour, then it was lets make it bluer or more purple and just add dye until it was right in our eyes. We wrapped our hank in saren wrap and then microwaved for 5 minutes.  It was a great deal of fun.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: